Forum Jump  
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
trwagner1
Admin Group

MTC Webmaster

United States of America
Posted: 20 January 2010 at 7:06am | IP Logged

Last month, I briefly re-enabled self-registration for our forums. We had well over 500 requests for membership. I was only able to validate a very small handful (less than 5).

I've been investigating different avenues to combat the situation. I'm open to suggestions. I've been investigating migrating our existing formu to something newer and more updated with anti-spam and hacking measures. Nothing is fool-proof. Trying to track and confirm valid registrations began to take a considerable amount of time.

In the mean-time, self-registration remains disabled to keep our forum clean. If you are aware of any obvious spam postings in our forum, please let me know so I can investigate and take the necessary action.

Additionally, PLEASE let me know if you are aware of anyone who wishes to join the forum. At this time accounts can only be manually created by me.

Finally, also please realize we have an active Yahoo group for many MTC members called slowspeedwire. I by no-means want to discourage participation in this forum, but Yahoo has paid staff to help better combat these type of issues than we are with volunteers. The URL for the yahoo group is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowspeedwire/

Edited by trwagner1 on 20 January 2010 at 7:07am